19 Predictions for 2017’s Biggest Movies That Are Bound to Come True
Posted on Jan 23, 2017
The sequels, trends and new movies of 2017 surely will be interesting and here are our top 10 predictions that just might come true this year.
1. Musicals Are Back Again, Since the Live Shows of "Grease" and "Hairspray" Were Very Successful
2. The Newest Remake of a Musical Was 2016's "La La Land"
It starred Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and there will surely be more musicals in the future because it did great at the box office.
3. Torture Movies like "Saw" and "Hostel" from the Early 2000's Could Come Back
Well, when Bush was president, these types of movies sparked discomfort for the public because of political prisoners. Maybe the time for those movies has come once again.
4. Maybe They Will Go in the Direction of Murder Comedies from the 90's like "The Last Supper" or "Head above Water"
5. There Is a Big Reveal Coming in the New Star Wars Movie
But we're not sure what it is. Our guess is that it has something to do with the family issues of the franchise, we could get to know who Bey's father really is.
6. We Think That It's Time to Find Out Things About Rey's Family
She is supposed to be training with Luke who could maybe be her father. Now, wouldn't that be cool?
7. The Sequel to "Guardians of The Galaxy" Is Coming Out in May but There's Something Else
Even though most of us favor Groot, his vocabulary is a bit limited for a spinoff. But Gamora's isn't.
8. There Is a Good Chance That We Will Get to See Her Spinoff
Since she is already becoming a bit distant from the group and since the Avengers will have their story with Thanos, this spinoff needs to happen.
9. Stephen King Will Get Even More Attention in 2017
Some of his stories have been made into TV shows and movie adaptations, but he still has a lot more to offer.
10. There Might Be a New Franchise Rising
The remake of Stephen King's "It" is already set to be released in 2017.
11. It Is Highly Possible That a New Wolverine Is Coming, but Hugh Jackman Said It Himself That He Is Kinda Done with Playing Logan
It seems that he will either get replaced by a new actor or removed from the future movies.
12. The Character That Might Replace Wolverine in the New Movies Might Be Laura Kinney (X-23), the Clone of Logan's Daughter. She Could Easily Be the Leader of a New X-Men Generation
13. Disney-Lucasfilm and the Star Wars Franchise
"Rogue One" confirmed that there will be more movies where Luke, Han, and Leia won't be in the center of attention. With the death of Carrie Fisher in 2016, it's quite possible to say that they won't bring a replacement actress for Leia for future movies. But you'll still see her in Episode VIII.
14. But, There Will Be a Han Solo Prequel to Episode 9
But it was delayed to 2018.
15. Apparently, Live Remakes of Disney's Classic Cartoons
They've been a big hit and since "Beauty and the Beast" was a great success, so there will be more to come.
16. With the Announced Remake of "101 Dalmatians" and a Tinker Bell Related Movie, We Think That the Next One Should Be Dumbo
Dumbo or even, Pinnochio have themes that could express problems in today's society.
17. If You Were Hoping to See the Sequel to Avatar This Year
You're out of luck. There were a lot of movie sequels that were supposed to come out in 2017 but got delayed for various reasons. This one is set for 2018 but could be delayed to 2019.
18. There Are Some Fresh Faces That Are Bound to Make It Big in the Acting Industry This Year
Meet Daniel Kaluuya, the star of "Get Out" and maybe the new "Black Panther" from Marvel.
19. And Alden Ehrenreich A.K.A. The New Han Solo
I mean, it doesn't get much better for your acting career than landing this role!