This 20-Year-Old Woman Died from a Peanut Allergy after Kissing Her Boyfriend
Posted on Sep 08, 2016
The mother of this young woman, who died from a kiss, wants others to learn from her painful experience. Check out the tearjerking story of this young woman that died after her boyfriend kissed her.
1. Myriam Ducré-Lemay from Canada
She died in October 2012, and she was only 20 at that time.
2. She Was Living an Ordinary Life
But there was something different about her. She had a peanut allergy and she was also allergic to tree nuts and shellfish.
3. One Day, She Fell in Love...
Her mother stated that her daughter the happiest then. But, Myriam hadn't told her boyfriend about her allergies. He gave her a kiss and she felt bad - she was having an allergic shock. It turned out that her boyfriend ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner.
4. An Inhaler Did Not Help Her
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Also, that night, she didn't have her EpiPen medicine or her Medical Alert bracelet. She couldn't breathe at all.
5. An Ambulance Was Called
They arrived very quickly and transported Myriam to the hospital.
6. But They Couldn't Save Her Life...
She died due because the flow of oxygen to her brain was cut off, a condition called cerebral anoxia. Her mother shared her death certificate.
7. It Looks Harmless, but It Could Be Fatal
Dr. Christine MsCusker is warning that people from 15 to 30 are at "risk age range." She explains: "That’s the range when kids are going out more. They're taking a few more risks and they're not as likely to be carrying their EpiPens."
8. The Mother Is Now Speaking Out
Micheline Ducré is telling her story to raise awareness. There are some ways to help.
Younger kids can wear stickers to inform other kids and parents.
Kym Whitley, actress, comedian, and mother, made this T-shirt to inform others about allergies.
11. Medical Alert bracelet
The older kids get, the chances to wear T-shirts and stickers are smaller. That's why it's important to wear these bracelets.
Myriam didn't have her EpiPen, which could have saved her life. That's why is very important to always carry it with you if you have an allergy. We must raise awareness of the dangers and treatments of allergies.