If You Think Public Bathrooms Are Dirty, Studies Show Airports and Airplanes Are Even Worse (17 Pics)
Posted on Aug 08, 2016
There are only a few things that are worse than using public bathrooms, don't you think? In case you don't agree with us, check out these pics and see for yourself.
1. This Is What You Might Want to Do Before Entering a Public Toilet
Better to be safe than sorry, right? Well, when you find out how unhealthy public toilets are, you'll probably wish you did this all the time.
2. They Are Disgusting, but You Have to Know Where the Danger Awaits
If you know where the germs are, you might be successful in avoiding them. Statistics show airport bathrooms have the most germs.
3. Let's Start with an Easy One
The toilet seats are super dirty... We hope you haven't been sitting on them all these years.
4. Using Your Own Toilet Is Wonderful
However, you should wash your hands anyway.
5. Once You're Done Using the Public Toilet...
...you have to touch the handle. Disgusting.
6. If You Think This Is Clean
It isn't. Try not to touch these surfaces unless you absolutely have to.
7. You'd Think Hand Dryers Are Safe Because You Don't Have to Touch Anything
Not really true - they are just huge germ-sprayers. The number of bacteria on paper towel dispensers is actually 6 times less than on hand dryers.
8. Look How It Smiles at You
So, try to touch the paper only and avoid the germs!
9. Just in Case You Haven't Got the Message
Don't use these dryers! They have 20 times more bacteria than regular hand dryers. Yuck!
10. Now, What Are Some Other Places That Are Really, Really Dirty?
Even though studies show airport bathrooms have the most germs, they are are not in the first place when it comes to the amount of bacteria even though they look really disgusting.
11. When It Comes to Airports...
Door handles and especially door locks in airport bathrooms have 70 colony forming units for every square inch.
12. You'd Never Would Have Guessed, But...
...these buttons on airplanes are very dirty. They have has 230 colony forming units per square inch!
13. The Toilets Are Dirty, but the Dirtiest Part of All Is...
...the flusher, of course! It has 230 colony forming units per square inch!
14. Drinking Out of This?
Better not. Drinking fountains are really, really awful and full of bacteria. They have 1,250 colony forming units per square inch!
15. What Do You Think of This?
Seat belts are also full of germs, they have 230 colony forming units per square inch. But what's even creepier is that the seats have even more bacteria!
16. Are You Brave Enough to Find Out What's Number One?
That little table in front of your seat. Awful, right? It has 2,155 colony forming units per square inch. That's disturbing!
17. At the End, You Know What's the Worst Part?
Germs are microscopic, so you never know if things are clean, even if they look like they are.