11 Amazing Ways Onions Are Extremely Good for Your Health
Posted on Feb 24, 2017
Eating a lot of onions may seem like a bad idea, especially if you are going on a date later in the day. However, onions have numerous benefits regarding your health.
1. An Onion a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
First, onions are good for your nervous system and will improve your memory. There is a lot of protein, fibers, vitamins, minerals and calcium in them.
2. You May Think This Tooth Remedy Is Crazy, but It Actually Works
You probably didn't know this, but if you have a toothache, place an onion slice on your tooth and wait between 10 to 15 minutes. It smells bad, but it works instantly. It will soothe the pain and work wonders.
3. It Can Help You to Cure Your Toothache for Several Reasons
It has an anti-inflammatory effect on your painful tooth problems, and it also acts as an antiseptic.
4. It Can Prevent You from Getting Diabetes
One of the ingredients in onion is chromium, and it is good for regulating your glucose level.
5. It Will Strengthen Your Immune System
An onion is rich in C vitamin, and we all know that this vitamin is essential.
6. Onion Decreases Your Chances of Getting Cancer
Onion has a high level of quercetin, whose supplements are used in cancer therapies.
7. Good for Weight Loss
Onion juice burns calories, and it can help you in losing some fat and weight. Just blend sliced onions after boiling them, add water and drink it. You'll see the result very quickly.
8. If You Need a Detox, an Onion Is the Right Thing for You!
Onion salad is an amazing antioxidant and after a week or two, you will see how soft and shiny your skin will be.
9. It's Good for Your Stomach
It can prevent your bowel pain and help you digest your food better.
10. There Is a Problem of Crying While Cutting It
You can prevent this problem simply by washing onions before you chop them. Make sure your knife is sharp. Also, you can always wear swimming goggles while cutting the onions.
11. And the Biggest Problem, the Odor
Yes, your breath and sweat can smell bad, so you have to be careful with the amount of garlic and onion you eat daily.