These 12 Everyday Items Have a Secret Feature You Never Knew About
Posted on Mar 13, 2017
There are some things we use every day and some of them have a secret trick that nobody knows about. Here are the meanings behind those tricks.
1. Aluminum Foil Boxes
These boxes have tiny tabs on the side. They actually hold the foil in place, and you can use them to effortlessly separate the desired amount of foil.
2. Warning Sign on Your Hand Cream
12M stands for the expiration date. This product is to be used for twelve months and thrown away after that period.
3. Have You Ever Wondered About Those Numbers on the Heinz Bottle?
The number 57 your delicious ketchup bottle actually shows the spot where you need to press to squeeze the ketchup out.
4. The Little Hole Near the Camera on Your iPhone
It's a microphone, and it provides high-quality recording while you're making a video.
5. That Hole at the Tip of Your Lollipop Stick
It actually turns your lollipop into a whistle! Also, it keeps the lollipop in place, making sure it doesn't slide down and fall off.
6. I Hate Those Rings on My Soda Cap
But they help it stay fizzy because they seal the bottle completely!
7. Safety Characteristics of X-Acto Knives
The blade's bottom is blunt as a safety measure, so you can change the blade safely without hurting yourself.
8. Plastic Container or Bottle Labels
The symbols indicate what kind of plastic was used to make the container and the letters on the bottom indicate safety rules and recycling guidelines. It also indicates if it's safe to put it in a microwave or dishwasher.
9. A Secret Stapler Part
There is a rotating metal plate at the bottom of your stapler. Its purpose is to bend the staples when you use it.
10. Your Headphone Usually Has Two Lines. And Here's Why:
Those lines are there for a reason, and that is to ensure that you can hear the sound equally on both sides.
11. What About Holes on Your All-Stars and Other Shoes?
These are essential because your feet won't be sweating that much. You can use those holes to put your laces through them. This way, the shoes will keep their form.
12. The Handles of Pans Often Have Holes, but Here's Why They're like That
It's not decoration, it a place to leave your stirring spoon. That way, you won't mess up your kitchen with sauce stains.