29 "Facts" That Have Been Fooling People for Too Long
Posted on May 18, 2016
There are some facts that are completely false, but they are deeply rooted in people's minds. You always thought they were true, but you were wrong your whole life.
1. Egyptian Slaves Built the Pyramids
Archaeologists have proven that the Egyptians who built the Pyramids of Giza were well paid and taken care of generously.
2. A Goldfish's Memory Lasts 3 Seconds
Fish can actually remember a lot of things up to a year or more. They can even recall colors and shapes.
3. We Lose the Most Body Heat Through Our Heads
This false, we lose heat proportionally in every part of our bodies.
4. Your Tongue Has Distinctive Parts That Register Various Flavors Separately
Well, your tongue does have these parts that register various flavors, but they don't work separately. They work together all over the surface of the tongue.
5. Lightning Bolts Never Strike the Same Place 2 Times
There is no evidence that lightning can't strike twice at the same place. In fact, some places get struck twice more than once a year. The Eiffel Tower or the Empire State Building are the best examples.
6. On a Plane, Toilet Waste Is Released Into the Air
This is false. Today's planes have a disposal tank that vacuums the waste. It gets discharged when the plane lands.