This Adopted Rare Dog Looks Exactly like a Lion and the Internet Is Going Crazy
Posted on Feb 09, 2017
Murphy is a 3-year-old abandoned dog who was saved by the people from Dogs Trust, located in Snetterton, England. The funny thing about this dog is his strange look. He looks like a dog, but he has fur like a lion, and that makes him unique.
1. He Is a Special Kind of a Dog
His fur is longer than 5 inches and people just adore him for that.
2. He Was Adopted in a Shelter and Is Waiting for Someone to Give Him a Home
"Murphy is looking for a calm, patient and adult-only home with a family who can support him in becoming a more confident boy," said Diane from the shelter.
3. This Shar Pei Has Stolen Hearts of Everyone in the Shelter
"Handsome Murphy has so much potential and loves a fuss being made of him and receiving attention when he gets used to you," confessed Diana.
4. I Would Love to Have a Dog Like Him!
Imagine playing with his mane! If I didn't know he was a dog, I'd totally think he was a lion! He kind of looks like the lion from "The Wizard of Oz."
5. You Can See the Resemblance
Murphy is actually a rare breed of Shar-Pei because of his longer fur caused by a gene mutation. The Shar-Pei breed almost went extinct in 1970 in China.
6. But There Is More Than One Dog That Looks like a Lion
A photographer found him while she was on her vacation in Spain. She decided to adopt him and take him back to her home country, Germany.
7. The Photographer, Julia Werner, Made This Dog Famous in Germany
“He already looked like Simba to me. In the beginning, he was very insecure...He loves jumping on things and using the mane. The picture is both a game and teamwork between us,” Julia explained.